Mack 'n' Me: Origins by C. M. SImpson

Today C. M. Simpson is visiting Promote Me Please After Dark to answer five curious questions about her new book Mack 'N' "Me: Origins.


Q.I. Mack ‘n’ Me: Origins. The title implies this might be the first of a series. Is this so?
A.1. Yes. This is the first book in a new series. I’m currently working on Book 2, while compiling an anthology of short fiction set around these characters. The short fiction was where the idea spawned, but the novel takes me back to before when those stories were set. It came as a bit of a surprise, too, because it’s the story I’m writing now, that I thought I was writing, when I started Origins. However, the characters took a quick step to the left, and told me they had some stuff they wanted to do, first, so I followed them through the course of Origins, and I’m glad I did.

Q.2. Describe Mack in five words
A.2. Big, shrewd, commanding, manipulative, deceptive

Q.3. Who is “me” in Mack ‘n’ Me?
A.3. “Me” is Jocelyn Cutter, most often referred to as ‘Cutter’, but also known as ‘Lyn’ or ‘Joss’. She ran away from home when she was in her first year of university, looking for a better life—or, at least, one where she was not going to be abused by her mother’s poor choice in partners. Cutter is a strong-willed, combative, intelligent and determined young woman, who refuses to be bullied by anybody, no matter how well-meaning they are, but you could also describe her as contrary, difficult, and a royal pain. She doesn’t want to be told what her destiny is; she wants to find it for herself.

Q.4. If you enjoy this (insert series/book name) then you should also enjoy Mack ‘n’ Me
A.4. Wow! That’s hard. I guess if you enjoy Craig Martelle’s Nomad series or Michael Anderle’s Kurtherian Gambit, you might enjoy this one. Perhaps, also if you like Ann Aguirre’s Sirantha Jax series, or Mike Shepherd’s Kris Longknife series – although those last two are a step further away.

Q.5. Pretend you’ve just read Mack ‘n’ Me for the first time.  You loved it. How would you persuade your best friend to read this book?
A.5 “You like Nomad and Bethany Anne, right? You might like this series, too.”
So... there you have it! Check out these buy links! 



The direct url for this interview is at https://tinyurl.com/macknme

Comments

  1. Great interview. I loved hearing how the book came together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project X by Cheryl Headford

Tina Donahue's WELL ENDOWED